How to remove recycler from my external hard disk

Closed
znyth Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2013 - Nov 9, 2013 at 02:49 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 9, 2013 at 06:55 AM
Hello, please suggest me how to remove recycler virus from my external hd which has taken space upto 300 gb and its invisible which i cant see in normal window environment. i found this through my ubuntu live cd that in my exernal drive there is a folder name recycler and its taken a lot of space im very helpless as i have no ideas on how to get rid of it top of that i have no antivirus installd . i have followed some threads similar to my problem on this site but no success please suggest me some strong ideas so that this problem can be solved

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Nov 9, 2013 at 06:55 AM
Hi

Try this:

Hello,

Try this 1.

Check whether the files are not in hidden mode. Follow the following steps.

Step 1:
Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/
Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your External
hard drive now.
This will remove the autorun.inf files from your External hard drive and also from
the drives.

Step 2:
Click on "Start" -->Run --> type cmd and click on OK.
Here I assume your External hard drive as G:
Enter this command.
attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and
paste it.
Note : Replace the letter g with your External hard drive letter.
Now check for your files in External Drive.

Step 3:
After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/
Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"
Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck!