FOLDER LOCK PROBLEM; URGENT [Solved/Closed]

ravz025 1 Posts Wednesday January 28, 2009Registration date February 27, 2009 Last seen - Feb 27, 2009 at 08:35 PM - Latest reply:  Rachi
- Jan 11, 2013 at 02:13 AM
Hello,

I PUT SOME OF MY FOLDERS RELATED TO STUDY MATERIAL OF ABOUT 18 GB IN SIZE IN THE LOCKER OF FOLDER LOCK 5.2.9 AND LOCKED THEM WITH THE SLOW SPEED LOCKING OPTION OF ENCRYPTION.
IT TOOK A LOT OF TIME; I LOCKED IT; TURNED OFF THE LAPTOP AND THE NEXT TIME WHEN I UNLOCKED THE FOLDER LOCK; IT SHOWED ME THE FOLDERS IN IT BUT ALL THE DATA IN IT WAS MISSING ;ie THE FOLDERS WERE EMPTY. I HAVE NOW UNINSTALLED THE FOLDER LOCK. SOME OF THE DATA WAS LEFT IN ONE OF THE FOLDER BUT EVEN NOT ALL OF IT. I HAVE SENT MY PROBLEM TO THEIR HELPDESK BUT I AM SURE THAT YOU GUYS HERE CAN HELP ME OUT. PLZ GIVE OUT A WAY; ITZ URGENT
See more 

11 replies

Best answer
Thank you
I had the same problem with uninstalling Lock Folder XP, and found no answer. So I came out with a work-around to uninstall it and it worked for me!! Here is how:

How to uninstall Lock Folder XP 3.6 trial version

1. extend your trial period by doing below
>regedit
>search 'everstrike' or 'LF30.exe' unitl your find:
\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurentVersion\Uninstall\{57CDxxx-xxxx-4E78-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}
>change the 'InstallDate' to current date

2. remove your password
>regedit
>search 'everstrike' or 'LF30.exe' unitl your find:
\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EverStrike\LF30
>delete any rows starting with 'Password'

3. now your can open Lock Folder XP 3.6 and unlock, unprotect anything you have done
4. open control panel and uninstall software
5. uninstall Lock Folder XP 3.6
6. notice now you don't need a password at all to uninstall!!
7. check all icons & files related 'Lock Folder XP 3.6' are gone!!
6. done! you are free!!

you may thank me by saying "Thanks, Genius!"

Thank you, Genie 20

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1813 users this month

OK Man ! "Thanks, Genius!"
"Thanks, Genius!"
Thanks Genius!
Thank you
Because it is Folder lock file extension These type of file you can't delete, rename and move. But I help you.
Download trial version of Folder lock 6 and install after that Create new LOCKER and then without closing folder lock open task mgr minimise it then use folder lock and go to "Edit Locker" and increase size of LOCKER and at the time it increase LOCKER.FLK size go to task-mgr process and End Folder lock Process and then You can Delete it And also Remove it frome recycle Ben or rename it or cut,past,move it any thing you want Or You can Restart system and then delete it In both way it will work but I recommend you to don't restart and delete it immediatly.

*** Note:- When it is Increasing the Lock Size Go to task mgr and ""end the procces of the Folder Lock 6 You have to be quick before it finishes"".
If it dedin't work or you did not know how to do it or you missed a step please add your comment so I can know ^__^
Best Regards 'xG_
Thank you
Hi All.......A very simple way o unlock all ur stuff if ur files r stuck in this shitty software.

I was using d version 5.2.1 and d trial period was over n all my files got stuck.
i installed version 5.5.7 which can be easily googled n dowloaded.
Install this version. this will replace ur previous version.
still ur files will be locked. now using this lock the same folders again with this version ( just like over writting )

now again go back to the software and unlock it.
your files n folders r free from this shit....and just uninstall this crap from system
Thank you
yeah..
this will be the answer to your question!

Im also using Folder Lock!
i have backed up some of my important files..
if it is not appearing with the desired shortcut menu,
here is wat you need to do....

Go to my documents and click folder options.
click show hidden folders etc.
then, go to local disk C and search for FolderLock 6
Click Uninstall and an icon of the program will appear indicating that you
have to enter password..
enter your password, then thats it
you can now recover your files!

I will not be using this program!... im scary already!
I followed what you instructed there but when I click on the unistall icon nothing happen... :/
LinuxDoctor - Sep 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Thank you
I HAVE USED FOLDER LOCK 6 Before

experiece: NOT GOOD

but there's a solution only for the files you protected with it and want to unprotect
it,this is not to uninstall FOLDER LOCK this is only to retrieve what you had thought
you lost that was very important

:: THIS ONLY PERTAINS to the FILES You Protected and want to UNPROTECT ::

Solution Steps:

1. Locate your file called LOCKER01.flk,LOCKER02.flk,LOCKER03.flk , ect ect
2. Copy Those Files to a Thumb Drive or CD,DVD ect ect
3. Go to another PC or Laptop if you have one or a friend
4. Download Folder Lock 6 Trial from the official site to that computer and install it
5. Open Folder Lock 6 and Browse to Your Thumb Drive,CD,DVD ect
6. Locate the files LOCKER01.flk,LOCKER02.flk,LOCKER03.flk or what ever name you renamed your
... protected file and click on it.
7. Now Enter The Password you used to protect that file.
8. Open up everything inside and COPY and PASTE your folder or files onto an Unprotected surface
... on the Desktop or Thumb Drive....

... ** There you go you have now retrieve back your files... =0) **
... I Suggest DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM if you have no idea what your doing

GOOD LUCK =0)
I had the same problem but not with Folder Lock, it was with Folder LockIt (Actually this is better than Folder Lock, the case is I forgot the password)

The solution is I booted my pc with Ubuntu 9.04. Just the demo (did not installed Ubuntu at all!)
When browsing my files with Ubuntu It showed my locked folder and all it contains. I just cut and paste them to another location.

when I go back to the windows Xp, I could access all my files form that new location