No audio output device

Closed
Kristna Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2013 - Dec 29, 2013 at 07:49 AM
 Kritna - Jan 14, 2014 at 06:37 AM
I use a Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista, and since the last Windows update in mid December I have no audio output device. I am not sure how to resolve this issue.

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 30, 2013 at 05:08 PM
My best guess would be you need a driver update. so i will work with the information i have.
firstly to determine it's the driver do as follows.
1. click start
2. right-click on computer
3. click properties
5. click device manager
check for any unrecognized devices (usually have a yellow asterisk next to them, and are listed under other devices)

if this is the case. go to your computers manufacturers site. search under support for drivers, and select your model. under audio should be a driver for your computers device. download and install it.

You could also download the free version of SlimDrivers. This program can identify, download and install the latest versions of all device drivers that you computer needs. just Google SlimDrivers for a download location.

You could also try reverting the audio device drivers to the old driver that worked.

Good Luck
Thank you very much. I tried this but it did not work. I am not sure how I can revert to the old driver, can you help me with this ?

Thanks, Kritna
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 3, 2014 at 01:54 PM
Perhaps a better solution is to download the free version of SlimDrivers. This program can identify,download and install any and all drivers you4 computer needs. Just Google the name for a download location.
Hi,

Thank you very much, I tried updating the driver using SlimDrivers and receive an error with return code 28. Do you know how I can get around this ?