Sony Laptop loads black screen only with cursor

Closed
Dprandle Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2014 - Jan 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM
junero2 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2014 - Jan 9, 2014 at 07:29 AM
Hello, sorry if you've already seen this as I think I may have had posted it in the wrong forum, apologies...

Hi, I'm new to here so hopefully put my question in the right forum.

I got a Sony Vaio laptop back in April. Had minimal problems with it up until today. I loaded it up and it wouldn't work, was unresponsive etc and so I turned it off, after turning it back on it said that it had to install new software. It then went to a windows 8 screen saying repairing drivers I think?

Anyway it said this may take up to an hour, after three hours of nervously waiting, my laptop had turned itself off. I turned it back on and all that happens is that I get a Vaio logo, after that it goes to a black screen with cursor. After. While the cursor disappears.

I've checked on here and I've tried taking the battery out, continuously pressing F8/F10 and nothing seems to work.

I hope someone can help me and I'd be extremely grateful, thanks in advance

Related:

1 response

junero2 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday January 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2014
Jan 9, 2014 at 07:29 AM
you set the time and date correctly, hope that helps...