WIDI Devices

Closed
Blocked Profile - Jan 16, 2014 at 05:08 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 20, 2014 at 05:35 PM
OK, Kids. Now is the time for all of you to help me.

My scenerio is as follows, and all of you are on the ground floor, so bring your imagination:

I am building a "show-room" to sell the latest and greatest widgets. I want a monitor (TV really) to view regular tv cable stuff. But I wish to have the same device to be used for veiwing decor selections and such. Does anyone have any experiences with any particular WIDI HD devices, good or bad?

I may want my customers to push pix to it. I will want to display web pages and such. I even want a PPt to loop a sales presentation from a media server.

Can I just hook and push, or is it cumbersome to make different connections? What I mean in this instance: If I am looping a PPT from another machine, and my customer wishes to show me a picture, what does it take to kill the loop, and show the customers pictures? Am I going to have to go to the media server and stop that stream before this (your favorite) WIDI device makes another connection?

Let me hear what you techies are using to acoomplish this crazy youtube facebook junk you seem to not be able to live without!

Save my checkbook and headaches, and let me know what devices will do what I want.....

//ark
-Moderator/Contributor

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 20, 2014 at 05:24 PM
Ok, well the final conclusion for our organization is as follows:

Produce a high quality Presentation. Publish it to a USB stick, and loop the media through the built in USB port. Saved over $1200 in hardware (server, pro services, creatives).

Ah, nothing like building a business process, and watching it unfold!

I will try to share the presentation, but I wil have to remove all the commercial stuff (all of it) as for a "no publish" clause! UGG!!! Damn no-compete/intelectual property riders!

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 20, 2014 at 05:35 PM
Thank you very much for this valuable unique solution, the Community is grateful.

"Saved over $1200 in hardware"! What will you do with your savings ?