Screen went all black, pls help

Closed
anne - Mar 2, 2009 at 02:40 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 3, 2009 at 05:24 PM
Hi guys,
i just download itunes on my hp pavillion tx 1000 and then after downloading itunes my screen went all white, so what i did i turned off my laptop, turned it back on and the screen went all black, even those words that says for example f2 for boot is not showing up if i turn on the comp. i really dont know what to do, pls help!!!!!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 3, 2009 at 05:24 PM
I doubt your problems have anything to do with iTunes.

Step 1 - Hard Reset: Unplug the power cord and any connected accessories, then turn the notebook over and remove the battery using the eject button. Let it sit without power for a few minutes and then power it back on.

Step 2 - Memory (RAM) Reseat: Remove the memory modules from the bottom of the notebook and then put them back in.

Step 3 - Hard Drive Reseat: Take out the hard drive and put it back in.

Step 4 - Service: I hope it's still under warranty. The issue may be related to the display chip on the motherboard. Its a well known problem in this series. The solution will be to replace the motherboard.

Good Luck