All I see is a black screen!

Closed
Mrsamuel Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2014 - Feb 12, 2014 at 08:12 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 13, 2014 at 02:36 PM
Wednesday February 12, 2014
7:08 PM
Last night I ran SUPERAnti Spyware. Free Edition, Malware Remover I interrupted a couple other programs like advance care and IObit Malware Fighter. It seems like everything else is working fine. When I boot up I actually see the dell screen then it turns a kind of red and flickers out to a total black screen with no response at all. I tried the three points landing Alt+Ctrl Del to bring up the Task Manager no response that I can see. I also tried holding the three point landing in order to shut the computer down so I can manually restart. No good Every time I hit the key on the key board I hear an error bell. I kept trying features on my keyboard it's a Logitech and it seems to have just shut the system down. I turned it back on and for a brief moment I saw my screen fade from the black to the blue of my desktop with the background Wall paper and what seemed to be icons loading, only for a second then it fades back to black! I'm a full time student in my last session of class the info is really rolling , now and I need all the time and access to my earlier files. Any advice would be of help!
<< email address removed >>

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Feb 13, 2014 at 02:36 PM
Can you run the Dell hardware diagnostics?