Can't get call of duty games to connect to players with my ps3

Closed
ps3chick101 Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 11, 2014 - Mar 10, 2014 at 02:10 PM
 Blocked Profile - Mar 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM
HAVE MY PS3 CONNECTED WITH LINKSYS AND THE INTERNET PROVIDER IS HUGHESNET. I CONNECTED THE PS3 WTH ETHERNET FROM ROUTER TO IT. ABLE TO GET ONLINE CONNECTION BUT WHEN I TRY TO PLAY WITH ONLINE PLAYERS IT JUST SEARCHES. IT NEVER CONNECTS. TRIED PORT FOWARDING, DISABLING FIREWALLS, ENABLE UPNP. CALLED PS3 SUPPORT THEY COULDN'T HELP. CALLED LINKSYS THEY WALKED US THROUGH THE PORT FORWARDING. ADDING ALL THE PORTS THAT ARE POSSIBLE BUT THAT WAS ALL THEY COULD DO. STILL NOTHING. TRIED DIRECTLY CONNECTING EHTERNET FROM PS3 STRAIT TO MODEM WITHOUT USING LINKSYS YET STILL NOTHING CHANGES JUST SEARCHES FOR PLAYERS. EVEN DID A REBOOT OF ALL THE DEVICES BEFORE ALL OF THIS YET THAT DIDN'T WORK NITHER! BEFORE WE HAD HUGHESNET WE HAD BROADBAND THROUGH A DIFFERENT COMPANY THAT USED ETHERNET CORD AND A PHONE LINE WITH A DIFFERENT COMPUTER/IP ADRESS. IT WORKED THEN. BUT THEN MOVED AND IT TOOK ABOUT 6MNTHS BEFORE I GOT HUGHESNET AND THE LINKSYS ROUTER AND A NEW PC"STILL USING SAME PS3". THE PS3 READS OUR NEW IP ADRESS FROM THE NEW PC, AND HAS ALL THE INFO FOR THE MODEM AND ROUTER. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHATS WRONG OR HOW TO FIX THIS OR WHO I CAN CALL FOR TECH SUPPORT? COULD THERE BE SOMETHING IN THE PS3 SETTINGS FROM THE LAST INTERNET CONNECTION I USED THAT IS CONFUSING IT FOR THE NEW ONE? COULD IT BE IN THE SETTINGS THAT NEED CHANGED THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT??
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 10, 2014 at 04:53 PM
hey quit yelling at us.

Your Hughenet connection has too much lag time.

It is simply not fast enough, Go back to broadband if you wish to game. If your location will allow it. If it doens't, get off the machine and get outside anyway! No upgrades or bandwidth problem with the real world!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 10, 2014 at 05:25 PM
Mark,

Is it typical of women to constantly yell?
Blocked Profile
Mar 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM
To answer your question. Your ISP is too slow. If u were to do a ping test, what is the measurement of time? go to start run cmd, and type ping www.google.com and let us know what the time is. Mine is anywhere from 34ms to 46ms. Let us know what your result is.

Your time round trip is not fast enough to keep a live gaming stream active. There is your answer.

I used to have a "satelite" office using satelite (HUGHESNET,yes I have used them). I could not DEPLOY VPN networks as the crypto within crypto took too long to establish a viable connection. Same thing here.

Have a nice day!

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon