I believe my laptop keyboard is pressing either SHIFT on its own

Closed
Ernest - Mar 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 21, 2014 at 05:14 PM
Hello,

My brother used my laptop to print something while I was away. When I got back from school, I powered my laptop and was greeted by 2 pop-ups: 1 regarding sticky keys and another regarding filter keys. I suspect that my keyboard is pressing either SHIFT buttons on its own and now I can't log in because my password is alphanumeric. I tried entering my password numerous times, but the computer responds with "The username or password is incorrect." I've tried restarting and removing the battery as well, but to no avail. I need help ASAP because my files in my laptop is needed for me to graduate college... Will USB keyboards work? If so, is there another way to fix the problem? Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 21, 2014 at 05:14 PM
A USB keyboard might help. You might also find a replacement keyboard on ebay.
If it doesn't you could buy a USB hard drive inclosure and put the laptop's hard drive in it. Then you could access your files from a different computer.

Good Luck