Unable to start up windows

Closed
Christy - 13 Jun 2014 à 02:23
Brainy100 Posts 70 Registration date Friday 14 March 2014 Status Member Last seen 26 August 2014 - 13 Jun 2014 à 08:09
Hello,


I have a Toshiba satellite L775 - it was working perfectly fine when I came into work this evening. I did a sytstem reboot and now I cannot get onto my computer. Won't even go to Start Up Windows. I've shut it down for about 2 hrs and rebooted it. When I turn it back on a msg comes up stating " Bootmgr is missing. Press Ctrl & alt & del to restart. I don't know what this means. I have never had problems with my computer before. It is necessary for me to get back up as this is also my work computer with important documents and photos.
Please help with any suggestions you may have. I am desperate!!
Thanks
Christy
Related:

1 response

Brainy100 Posts 70 Registration date Friday 14 March 2014 Status Member Last seen 26 August 2014 5
13 Jun 2014 à 04:29
Hey try to repair the pc, configure it to boot from dvd/cd rom throght setup, then insert the os, click on repair and follow the on screen instruction to complete it.
Brainy100 Posts 70 Registration date Friday 14 March 2014 Status Member Last seen 26 August 2014 5
13 Jun 2014 à 04:36
if it refuse to work, then you have to format it, but first you have to copy out ur documents. Open the pc, remove the hard disk use a IDE or SATAT converter depending on the one urs is, insert it in another pc and copy ur files. After return the hard drive back and format the pc, goodluck.
Lupesfan19 Posts 2 Registration date Friday 13 June 2014 Status Member Last seen 13 June 2014
13 Jun 2014 à 04:40
Thanks Brainy but unfortunately as this time I am unable to do anything. I don't even had a mouse, just a black screen stating 'bootmngr is missing'. Going to drop it off to a tech. I really do appreciate your suggestion.
Brainy100 Posts 70 Registration date Friday 14 March 2014 Status Member Last seen 26 August 2014 5
13 Jun 2014 à 08:09
yea, restart the pc and tab on f2 or f10 to enter bios use the arrow keys to navigate it to boot order then change first boot to be dvd/cd rom. Then insert ur os bootable cd. U are good to go.