Need to pull data from particular cells and add to another sheet

Closed
jaridyard Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2014 - Jul 9, 2014 at 02:14 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Jul 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I've got about as far as I can with my limited knowledge of Excel so am searching for guidance, any and all appreciated.

I have a sheet which measures golfers putting performance against elite players averages for each hole they play. This is calculated by comparing their performance from a given distance to the elite average. This wasn't overly difficult to set up.

To drill down into the data further I would like to be able to group together data from each distance to identify weak areas.

The distance each shot is from is entered in one column while the performance score is calculated in another. There are 20 distances for the player to choose from to apply to each row (of which there are 18 for each hole of golf played), I would like these 20 distances sorted into order on another sheet with the average performance from each in the adjacent row.

I'm happy to upload my file for anyone to take a look at, just let me know where.

Many thanks

James
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Jul 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Hi James,

You can upload your file to a file sharing site like www.speedyshare.com or ge.tt and then post back the download link.

Could you also re-explain what you are trying to achieve, preferably with an before and after example?

Best regards,
Trowa