No operating system installed or partition

Closed
JDesign - Mar 11, 2009 at 02:00 AM
 JB - Jan 22, 2011 at 08:45 AM
Hello, I tried to do a PC recovery, my PC keeps "saying no operating system installed or partition corrupted", and "Press the R key to start System Recovery", this happens every time I put in Disc 1 of the HP System Recovery discs. Then when that doesn't work, I put in Disc 2 of the Hp System Recover disc, and say " CD/DVD Error please restart system recovery". The odd part about it is that the Disc is not scratched or damaged at all. I don't know if I need a new hard-drive, or a new system?

Another question would a new hard-drive put the system back online?
Related:

5 responses

Hi press delete key until u get
Blue window .
Then set boot device priority in Boot option
set first Boot priority to = cdrom
if u instaling window through Cd else other removable device.
Now press f10 and save changes 'Y'.
Restart system then, u get
to boot from cd..........
press any key ..
press keyyy enter
Now format C drive and install new Operating System.......
Now it's all blue do I just wait for it to load don't seem to be doing anything
OMG OMG OMG. It works!
my computer keeps going back to the message screen that says not operating system installed or partition corrupted. Press R to perform a full PC recovery
THANKS RUSHI... I manage to manipulate your instruction and fix my problem in my netbook... thanks :)
Can you tell me what you did to fix this error message? I am getting the same message during the system restore.
It sounds like your MFT (Master File Table) needs to be checked by the chkdsk.exe command. I got this message a few days ago when I was attempting to create a partition on the C drive. Scared the crap out of me, thought I had erased my whole drive. I restarted the computer while it was trying to create the new partition on boot up. Hey! it was taking way to long to create the partition. For me the issue was resolved by using the Operating System installation CD. Just had the computer load the CD as it was booting and ran the "startup repair" option. It did something to the computer then rebooted and the check disk tool ran as it was loading up. It found some problems and fixed them. That saved me from having to lose all my data and reinstall a brand new OS.

However, without the name of the Operating System your running giving a more precise answer will be hard to do. In my case the OS was Windows 7 32bit (7600 RTM Build)
i have a gate way lap top dat says no operating systems and wont load the menu were u press system recovery

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Check your diagnostics and run the tests and see if you get any error(s). This can take up an enormous amount of time as well but it is well worth it in the end. if you get a black screen completely it could be that your OS is not installed but for your computer not to read the discs is quite weird.