My speakers or headphones won't work?

Solved/Closed
shayna - Mar 11, 2009 at 01:46 PM
 Charitablelady - Mar 22, 2020 at 02:59 PM
Hello,
I had to have everything re-loaded onto my computer, at a local shop. Now everything thing works except my speakers, or even headphones on the front plug. I have made sure everything is plugged in correctly, turned on, all the volumes are set at the highest level possible. All my drivers (SB Live) say they are fine and working. Please help me.
Related:

10 responses

Do the following:
Go into
  • control panel / device manager (must be an administrator) / sound, video and game controllers
  • Right click on your audio device
  • choose "disable"
  • wait a moment and right click, choose "enable"

Should be working perfectly!
Are you from Central Michigan University? If so wanted to say hi, and was wondering how it was going? This is Chester from BCA 342 avd. audio class. Anyway I lost my audio randomly while I was streaming music from Pandora. I had headphones in and bumped the power cord to my Gateway Laptop, and poof my audio was gone.

I'm running windows 7. All of my drivers are up to date. I've tried setting default audio disabling and re-enabling it, and a few other things I can't recall atm. Nothing seems to work. However when I look into the playback options it says that no jack information is found for my default speakers. I'm wondering if that could be the problem? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Well nvm. I was able to figure it out. Thanks anyway though.