Hear everything running but see nothing

Closed
Noah - Mar 12, 2009 at 07:12 AM
 Noah - Mar 12, 2009 at 09:06 AM
Hello,
i have a windows xp. It started freezing about a month ago or it would turn off. I took it to a friend that thought it was out of memory. He installed some memory and sent it back home. When I hooked it back up with in a short period it started doing the same thing. He said it may be when it was freezing and it was turned off to a hard boot it may have mess up something. Well it would come on boot up sometimes it would stall and usually it would not stay on but for a few minutes. Now when we turn it on thats it you can here it but the green light does not come on and monitor says sleep mode. So I can hear fan running and anything else that sounds like a computer doing its thing but no visual of anything. Do you have any idea of what my problem could be?
Thanks so much
Noah

1 response

menyou Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2009 1
Mar 12, 2009 at 09:00 AM
Ok so if it is not responding it might mean that there is a problem with one of the cables of your monitor. So check that everything is working nicely with it by trying to connect either the monitor to another CPU or to connect another monitor to your own CPU. If this does not solve the issue then try to see if it is not the scheduled tasks that are setting your monitor on the sleep mode loop
Everything is good plugged it correctly. But the green light that is on the pc when it is on isn't' coming on. You can hear the fan running on the lgreen light when you insert the dvd, but no green light to let you know the pc is even on. Monitor worked when connected to different computer. Thanks for your reply.