Gateway M-7315U DVD/CD ROM not reading any discs. Pls Help!!

Closed
beyondme1216 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 11, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 11, 2014 - Oct 11, 2014 at 06:05 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 11, 2014 at 04:13 PM
Hi hi hi there,
Having some major issues with my DVD/CD ROM and no matter what I've tried, the issue persists. :( I've tried cleaning the lens and carefully moving that part to the edge of the tray to reset to the center. No luck. I've gone to RegEdit HKEY_CURRENT_USER and added NoCDBurning as a DWORD. Still nada. And I've also uninstalled the Optiarc DVD RW AD-75605 and the Hitachi HRS543225 software, rebooted comp where it 're-installed. Still it is not working. I am at complete loss. When I do install a CD it sounds like it is trying to run but when I open COMPUTER DVD RW DRIVE (E:) it tells me Please Insert Disc even after all the attempts I've tried stated above. Two more issues I've had is when I do go to Start Menu and open COMPUTE, the CD Rom starts making very loud whirring noises as tho the disc is going about 100 mph.

Then the salt on the wound, I have NO internet access seeing as how my wireless card or the driver has gone completely kaput. That is why I'm needing my DVD ROM fixed, I'm trying to install software for new wireless card. Haha!

So pls if any one has ANY solutions or helpful tips I would so appreciate it!!! I'm desperate!

Thank you!
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 11, 2014 at 07:18 AM
Hello,

Aren't you having fun! I am burning with envy!

As they say in the UK, this is a sticky wicket!

Concerning your Internet, have you tried to connect with a cable connection? Certainly you must have an ISP.

Unless your lens is still filty, it certainly appears to me that your cd/dvd is also kaput. You could replace it or borrow an external reader.

When things are starting to go wrong...what next?

Good luck
beyondme1216 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 11, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 at 07:40 AM
Well believe it or not I actually solved half of the problem. LoL I seriously was racking my brain so bad, telling myself "Come on! You know you were born a nerd for a reason! You can figure this out!" and sure enough it finally dawned on me. I downloaded the wireless software from the manufacturer site to my smart phone then synced by USB to my laptop and extracted the zip file into my program files and was able to install that way. So internet is up and connected!!!
Now just to solve that pesky DVD.... }:-/ (I'm pretty much in agreement with you though; it's prob a goner)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 11, 2014 at 04:13 PM
You see, you are not a nerd after all! It was brilliant.

As for the CD Rom, perhaps if you uninstall it with the hardware manager and reboot the computer which will detect it as new hardware will reload the driver and make it work. It's worth a try don't you think?