Screen smashed

Closed
loudrizz Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 15, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2014 - Oct 15, 2014 at 08:42 AM
 loudrizz - Oct 15, 2014 at 04:50 PM
I have an HP pavilion windows 7 laptop and I have completely smashed the screen. It wasn't an issue as I could still use the laptop when I connected it to my Samsung TV by HDMI cable. But the other day I did something with my avast which I thought was an update. It told me not to turn off whilst it was doing this so I left it. Next day I turned laptop on as usual along with the TV. Did everything as usual as before but now it won't work and the TV won't get the laptop screen through the HDMI. Just says no signal. I don't know what to do as I can't see the laptop screen. I can't afford to fix screen and I have everything in this laptop.
Plz help.

1 response

nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Oct 15, 2014 at 03:25 PM
Hello.

Seems like your hdmi driver got messed up or something.

Try using a external screen and plug it in, if it works then check your hdmi drivers and reinstall it.

But if you don't have a external screen try the following:

1. Try booting up your PC/Laptop with the HDMI cable connected to a TV that is on.

2. You can try booting up the PC/Laptop while the TV is off and then turn on the TV.

3. If the above options don't work, try booting up the PC/Laptop first, and, with the TV on, connect the HDMI cable to both the PC/Laptop and TV.
Thank you for your help. I will try first thing in the morning and let you know how I get on.