Unexpected end of archive file of deep freeze program

Solved/Closed
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 - Nov 22, 2014 at 05:02 PM
 a cooperator - Dec 3, 2014 at 06:55 PM
Hello,

I have downloaded Deep freeze from this link below
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4861-deep-freeze/

However, when open its zip file, I found this error
C:\Users\Nasreen\Desktop\???? ???? ??\Faronics_DFS.zip: Unexpected end of archive

Related:

7 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Nov 22, 2014 at 05:56 PM
Hello Nasreen

I just tested it and I don't get the error. There are only two files to decompress, the exe and the read me.

It could be an issue with you "dezipping" software.

Catch you tomorrow.

Regards

P.S. You realize this is only a trial version and if you use it, should you decide not to purchase it, you better unlock your folders and files before the end of the trial date and before you remove it, otherwise your folders will remain locked for eternity. (Eternity is a very long time!)
Thanks a lot,

P.S. You realize this is only a trial version and if you use it, should you decide not to purchase it, you better unlock your folders and files before the end of the trial date and before you remove it, otherwise your folders will remain locked for eternity. (Eternity is a very long time!)

First: You don't think that I can find a free version.

Second: You don't think that I can install it again after the trial has ended. If no, even if I have made a system restore point before installing the program, and then when the trial version got ended, then I will restore my windows to this point, and then the
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 3
Nov 25, 2014 at 05:31 PM
Thanks a lot,

First: You don't think that I can find a free version.

Second: You don't think that I can install it again after the trial has ended. If no, even if I had made a system restore point before installing the program, and then when the trial version got ended, then I will restore my windows to this point, and then program will be deleted from Legacy.

Third: you meant with unlock your folders and files with let deep freeze unfunctioned.

Finally: I am quite srupresied when the deep freeze is installed, no thing new will be availabe after restrting my system. Then, what does this program do on the hard disk? It loocks the hard disk for writing.?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Nov 25, 2014 at 05:35 PM
1. No I don't think there is a free version of any of this type of software.

2. If you install the trial version, it will be inscribed in your registry's legacy which is impossible to erase.

3. If you search on this forum about "folder lock" you will see what I mean, even with a restore point.

They get you cornered.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 3
Nov 25, 2014 at 06:09 PM
Thanks a lot,

Even with a restore point which will be created before installing the program, and it will be restored after after the trial gets ended, the program will be inscribed in my registry's legacy which is impossible to erase even after restoring the restore point.
Dec 2, 2014 at 08:02 AM
Could you reply to my final post::

Even with a restore point which will be created before installing the program, and it will be restored after after the trial gets ended, the program will be inscribed in my registry's legacy which is impossible to erase even after restoring the restore point.
Dec 2, 2014 at 09:26 AM
Hello

Sorry, I thought that I had answered. To be specific, what exactly is your question?

Thanks
Thanks a lot,

I really always see that the good programs are trial . Thus,
Even with a restore point which will be created before installing the program, and it will be restored after after the trial gets ended, the program will be inscribed in my registry's legacy which is impossible to erase even after restoring the restore point. As a result, you don't think that I can install it again after the trial has ended. If no, even if I had made a system restore point before installing the program, and then when the trial version got ended, then I will restore my windows to this point, and then program will be deleted from
Dec 3, 2014 at 04:06 PM
Correct, when you delete the programme and even go to a restore point prior to the installation, it will remain in the registry's legacy section and will remain there for as long as you have the same hard disk. Hence the trial period is recorded for ever. That's how the creators of a software protect themselves.

Does that answer your question?

Again, if you don't intend to buy the license, ensure all of your folders are unlocked before the end of the trial period.
Yes, it is thanks a lot