ASUS laptop Bang & Olufsen speakers not working

Closed
Swainer Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2014 - Dec 7, 2014 at 01:40 PM
Swainer Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2014 - Dec 7, 2014 at 02:19 PM
I just purchased (2 days ago) a new 17" ASUS laptop (N Series) with the internal Bang & Olufsen speakers as well as an external subwoofer. However it sounds as if only the right speaker is working? I get no music/sound from the left speaker. I say this assuming that there is a left speaker?? The laptop has a series of tiny holes on the left and right side of the keyboard which to me would indicate that there are speakers on both sides.
I have gone into several places to 'check' the settings and test the audio. When I test both the left and right side...only sound comes from the right...even when it indicates the left speaker should be playing sound.
This is very disappointing as one of the reasons I purchased this particular laptop was to listen to music and watch videos.
I'm a complete computer newbie so please try to make any suggestions as simple as possible...or else as detailed as possible. Assume I know nothing because that is close to the truth.
Thanks.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 7, 2014 at 01:47 PM
Any chance you can take the laptop back to the store?
Swainer Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2014
Dec 7, 2014 at 02:19 PM
Given that it's Sunday, that will have to wait. My work hours won't really permit me to get there for the next 2 weeks...so I was hoping to find an answer in here. If that fails, I will definitely head back the place where I purchased it.