Usb computer cant find the removable disk nor in dev mgr

Closed
stubbsy - Dec 12, 2014 at 06:39 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 15, 2014 at 04:46 AM
Hello,
I've inserted my memory stick into my laptop and another to ensure its not my laptop. In the bottom right hand corner it says it's installing software then software installed with a green tick. This then disappears. In my computer I cant find the removable disk and nor is it in device manager or management! The memory stick had beenused before successfully. I need help

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 15, 2014 at 04:46 AM
Hi stubbsy,

If you can see that the OS is installing some software, I would say that this should be marked in Device Manager. Could you check again for the device in Device Manager, under the USB section? Unfortunately, since the memory stick can not be accessed from two different computers, it may have failed. You could check for a solution on the developer's web page. There may be some notes about your memory stick or some new drivers.
I recommend you to use those devices as a backup destination to avoid data loss.

Hope this helps