My laptop can't turn on after I open it up

Closed
Kimmy - Jan 21, 2015 at 07:42 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 22, 2015 at 03:22 AM
Hello,
I opened up the back cover of my laptop (acer aspire) since the fan was too loud the last few days. I just wanted to see the fan. I only open the mid area, since I couldn't find the fan I closed it again.
Then suddenly it won't turn on. I didn't do anything actually. I tried the holding power button but it didn't work.
Please advice.

Thanks a lot.
Kim

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 22, 2015 at 03:22 AM
Hi Kim,

It does not turn on as it is not getting any power? I do not think you can do anything wrong only by opening the cover. If the fan was too loud, it may be because there was some dust, preventing its work, or causing overheating. If the laptop is not getting power and you have tried starting both ways, with and without the battery, I recommend you to consult a technician, because, unfortunately, you may be facing some hardware failure.
If you felt that the laptop was getting too hot while working, clearing the dust may solve the issue, because if is too much, it may be preventing the fan's rotation.

Hope this helps