Laptop C655 - Blank screen

Closed
Janet - Jan 22, 2015 at 10:43 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 23, 2015 at 03:21 AM
Hello,

I cannot get Windows on my laptop C655 and I have tried hitting the zero, f2, f8, f6, and nothing happened, blank screen. I am not sure what I did but I got into another screen but cannot get out of it and it is asking for a bootable device, to insert boot disk and press any key.
I hit F@ and got into the bios but it tells me I have no HDD/SSD, what do I do now?

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 23, 2015 at 03:21 AM
Hi Janet,

Do you have Windows installed? Did your laptop work normally before? If you have a hard drive and OS installed on it, you should be able to boot from it.
Do you hear the "beep" sound on start up? If you do, that is a good sign, go to BIOS by pressing F2 or DEL and check the boot order (I leave you more details below). If you have a HDD and an OS installed, it should be in the first position. If you do not have it, you need to put CD/DVD in position one, and insert the installation disc.
If you have installed OS but now it says that HDD is not found, unfortunately your drive may have failed. The best way to confirm it is to remove it from the laptop and connect it to another PC .

https://www.lifewire.com/change-the-boot-order-in-bios-2624528 - check this topic about changing boot sequence.

Hope this helps