How do i format my Toshiba laptop

Closed
Yasershaikh Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 4, 2015 - Feb 3, 2015 at 05:28 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Feb 4, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Please help me I am in danger.
I want to format my PC because it suddenly switched of while I was downloading a realtor package via its original website.
Now I want to format my PC without losing the operating system by any method.

My PC information is as flollies
Toshiba Satellite Pro U300
Windows 8.1

Please help me and my family...
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 3, 2015 at 06:30 AM
Hello Yasershaikh,

You can't format your hard drive without loosing anything that's in it. How severe is your laptop issue? After the power interruption, where there any errors showing on your screen? If there's no error, there's no need to format the whole drive. Just start your download of the program and all should be ok.
You could perform the chkdsk /r command on your hard drive via the Command prompt.
Make sure you have a backup of your system before performing any operations.

Hope I helped.

KY_WD
Yasershaikh Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 4, 2015
Feb 4, 2015 at 08:46 AM
Actually whenever i start my PC it shows a message about an error that your PC was not properly started and requires either the product key or another option to restart the PC again which leads to the same condition again therefore i want to format my PC so that i would remove the complete data on its hard disks and also remove the source for the following problems.

Please try to find the possible solution for the problem.
Thanks & Best Regards

Yaser Shaikh
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Hi again,

Is there any code showing your screen when you're trying to boot your PC? You could find some info here in the knowledge base of Microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US
My suggestion is to find Windows Repair disk and try to boot from it when you start your computer. You could try making a bootable USB drive to another computer.

Good luck.

KY_WD