Write protected

Closed
purushoth - Feb 7, 2015 at 02:09 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Feb 7, 2015 at 02:25 AM
Hello,

i tred all the methods u discussed , but I didn't get the solution

errors:
1. method

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet->Control-> StorageDevicePolicies

I am not founding StorageDevicePolicies in my machine..

2.method

using cmd

I tredi this method also I am getting error there is device is write protected

cmd:attributes disk clear readonly-------getting error

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Feb 7, 2015 at 02:20 AM
if you didnt find storage device policy try this
Go to the following Key in your register:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control

right click on Control and choose New and then Key.
Name it StorageDevicePolicies

right click on StorageDevicePolicies and choose New and then DWord
Name it WriteProtect
double click WriteProtect and change the Base to Decimal

Exit Registry, restart your computer and then again re-connect
your USB pen drive on your computer.
Link from: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-storage-device-policy.676424/
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Feb 7, 2015 at 02:25 AM
try
Open up a console (cmd.exe) and type diskpart. Type list disk then select disk 0 (change the 0 to whatever number your USB drive is. Type detail disk and check the "Current Read-only State" and the "Read-only" attributes. If it says "No" for the first and "Yes" for the second, your USB drive may be going bad. If it's the other way around, then it's a policy/program messing with it. If this is the case, back up your files on the USB drive, open up another console and type (again, replace the 0 on select disk 0 with your USB drive number):

diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
clean
create partition primary
format fs=FAT32 quick

Safely remove the USB drive and try it again.
via:
https://superuser.com/questions/459507/usb-drive-becomes-write-protected-after-inserting-it