Nothing works except for 3 lights that turn on

Closed
Nonames Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2015 - Feb 7, 2015 at 07:42 PM
Nonames Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2015 - Feb 9, 2015 at 12:49 PM
I shut down my laptop and next day it wouldn't open.The network,caps lock and one more light turn on but neither the fan nor anything else works.I tried various suggestions i saw online like reconnecting all cables and holding the shutdown button after removing the battery and the cable and also removing all components that i could(including keyboard,RAMS,even the screen) and trying again without them but to no avail.I didn't do anything before i turned the computer off,it was on its battery and (one thing i forgot to mention) i also left it open half an hour before i went to sleep as i had assigned a program to shut it down as usual.Is there something that i am missing which is obvious?
Related:

2 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Feb 9, 2015 at 01:03 AM
With most Laptops I have seen that this will happen from time to time! The easy method to solve this problem is:

Disconnect the laptop power cord
Remove the battery from the laptop
Wait a short while (10 seconds)
Replace the Laptop battery into the unit
Reconnect the Laptop Power cord
Turn the Laptop on
The Laptop will start normally and be fully operational. If you were working on a Microsoft Word or Excel document at the time of the problem, then you may find that the data has been auto-recovered for you. In this case, you will be automatically prompted to view the last document you worked on when you open the Microsoft program.

Nonames Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2015
Feb 9, 2015 at 12:49 PM
I tried that already and it didn't work.I tried it a second time and it didn't work now either.