Upon deleting a message from your Outlook mailbox, these emails are automatically sent to the Trash folder, where they will remain until they are permanently deleted by the system or recovered by a user. If you would like to disable the ability to recover deleted messages, here's a quick tip on how to turn off the system feature.
How to recover deleted items in Outlook?
If you have accidentally deleted an important email on Outlook, don't worry, you can recover it easily.
- First of all, check the Deleted Items or Trash folders. Search for the email, right-click it and then select Move > Other Folder.
- If you can not find your items there, check the Recoverable Items folder.
- Next, make sure you are connected to the server. In the Folder menu select Recover Deleted Items From Server. Then, select the items you'd like to recover and choose Recover Selected Items > OK.
- If neither of the previous methods worked, contact your admin. They might be able to use the eDiscovery Center to locate the lost message.
How to disable deleted message recovery in Outlook?
If you'd like to get rid of the ability to restore your deleted messages in Outlook, follow these instructions:
- From your Outlook.com home screen, click Settings > More mail settings:
- Next, go to Customizing Outlook > Advanced privacy settings > Don't let me recover deleted messages:
- Apply your new settings by clicking Save.
- How to disable recover deleted items in outlook mail
- Hotmail deleted emails keep coming back
- Outlook recover items recently removed from this folder
- Problem recovering deleted item in Outlook 2010 [solved] > Forum - Outlook
- Recover deleted emails in Outlook Express... [solved] > Forum - Outlook
- Recover deleted items [solved] > Forum - Office Software
- How to Recover Deleted Outlook PST Files
- Outlook - Automatically clean the Delete Items folder
- Unable to connect to Hotmail
- How to block attachments from unknown senders in Outlook
- How to delete Hotmail account?
- What to do when Outlook won't open
- How to sign in to Hotmail
- Recover Hotmail account: security questions, password, phone
- How to disable CTRL + Enter shortcut on Outlook
- How to refresh Outlook inbox automatically?
- Rebuild the Index file on Outlook 2010
- Change language on Outlook: app, web
- Outlook (Hotmail) account blocked or hacked
- How to configure a BSNL e-mail POP/SMTP settings in Outlook
- How to remove profile picture in Outlook?
- How to change back from Outlook to Hotmail?
- How to stop receiving same email multiple times in Outlook?
- Set up the Outlook app: on Android, iPhone
- Reset Outlook to default settings
- How to change your Outlook email address?
- Set up out of office in Outlook: Android/iOS app, desktop
- How to create a new Outlook account?
- Change Outlook password: on iPhone, Android, desktop