Laptop screen black

Closed
Biyuu Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2015 - Feb 11, 2015 at 03:18 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Feb 13, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Hi, I've had this problem before with my laptop, but it resolved itself somehow. But now I have the same problem again, my laptop will turn all the way on -make all the sounds and turn on the keyboard lights when starting up- but the screen will stay black. I can hook my laptop up to my tv with my hdmi cord and have my laptop display up there. I was reading there is an external/internal display switch, and was wondering if maybe I accidentally hit that and don't know how to switch it back? Or something else? Please Help!!
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 13, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Hello Biyuu,

I think the problem you have can be due to the video processor, known as the North Bridge. Sometimes, after much use and little cooling the North Bridge has been desoldered and the "paste" loose the chip and therefore you can't see anything on the screen. If you're not super techy when talking about notebooks' hardware you can bring it to a technician to get it soldered again.

Hope that I helped.

KY_WD