Device Driver OLD?

Closed
Shy - Feb 12, 2015 at 06:52 AM
 Shaay - Feb 17, 2015 at 06:29 AM
Hello,

I would like to inquire something about my laptop.
Just a while ago when I turned it on it was black then after it kept showing the Windows thing when you start it repeatedly. I just let it be but 3 hours later it kept repeating.
Then after a while it displayed something regarding about device driver needed to purchase. Can you help me with this?

Related:

3 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Feb 12, 2015 at 06:58 AM
Hello,
can you tell what is the exact message it shows? which driver?
Well, at first when I turned it on it was all black then it showed the starting logo for windows but kept repeating for 3 hours. I don't know what to do then.
Then a tab popped out saying my device drivers was old
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 12, 2015 at 07:36 AM
First off ... dont buy a driver! They are freely distributed but the hardware manufacturers :^)

Also if the message says for you to buy it rather than one is not there or not wotking then I would suspect virus/malware activity.

@ Computertech ...
Sorry if you think I am mussling in - I'm really not - its just that I hate scammers..... you got there as I was typing my reply.
I will bow out gracefully now and let you carry on
Is that it? I havnt tried anything yet tho since I'm pretty much scared of what'll happen.
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Feb 12, 2015 at 07:23 AM
hello,
can you try to start windows in safe mode?... Then try it using F8 key....
sometime starting in safe mode resolve most of the issue....
Blocked Profile
Feb 12, 2015 at 08:58 AM
I FULLY AGREE WITH BRIAN!

NEVER PURCHASE a driver! PERIOD!

Try as 'tech suggested, boot into safe mode. If that works, post back so we can give the next step in clearing out your virus/malware!
Thanks, I'll try this and update you guys to what'll happen.
I'm pretty much thankful I posted this tho. God knows what'll happen since it didn't show any signs of progress.