Have to keep the charger plugged in at all times

Closed
taylor - Feb 12, 2015 at 12:57 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Feb 12, 2015 at 07:04 AM
Hello,
My laptop is a Windows vista inspiron or something and I don't have a battery so i have to keep the charder plugged in at all times when in use.. i just used it, it was fine but the cord came unplugged and it shut off so I plugged it back in turn it back on and after everything comes up like Windows Vista all that stuff it shows that it's logging on but it doesn't log on it just turns into a black screen with the mouse and something about cleaning the laptop comes up and I click no because you after register..doesn't work even if I click yes.

and I tried the unplugging and hold for 30 seconds thing but I don't have a battery so I don't know if it still applies to me ..it didn't work anyway and I don't know what to do it looks like it's loading but nothing's happening..
also I can cluck on task manager but nothing comes up..still back screen..

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 12, 2015 at 07:04 AM
Try booting into safe mode. As soon as you switch on press the [f8] key multiple times untill the Advanced Boot Menu appears. Select Safe Mode from ther list by using the arrow keys and press [Enter]. Loads of text will scroll up the screen, but eventually a log in screen will appear or windows will open in safe mode.

Hopefully this will let you log on and then restart in normal mode and all will be good.

Occationally when the power fails there is a need for Windows to check its files before it boots. The screen is black during the booting process with loads of writing scrolling as it finds files. If this happens at any point then let it complete. It can take ages - often without appearing to do anything. Dont worry unless this stage goes on for more than about 2 hours.

Let me know how you get on.

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues :o)