My intenet stopped working but it says I have full strength

Closed
damn internet - Feb 14, 2015 at 11:42 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 15, 2015 at 01:46 PM
Ok k so I just got a preowned acer aspire one from the pawnshop today ..when I initially turned it on it was running kind of slow but at least my internet was working and said I needed to update it to windows 8.1 so I did after the reboot it was still acting stupid I then ran norton antivirus and found multiple problems which then I supposedly "fixed" with the program then once again had to reboot after it restarted everything seemed to be working properly except then my internet stopped. It says im connected with full strength but no browsers or apps req. internet work ive done everything uninstalled norton , winsock reset ect...idk what else to do please help.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 15, 2015 at 01:46 PM
I suggest you do a factory restore of Windows to erase all the junk from the previous owner.

Good Luck