Laptop wont start up

Closed
Joy - Mar 26, 2015 at 06:17 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 13, 2015 at 10:39 AM
Hello,

when I turn my laptop(toshiba) on I get the following:"Hard Drive Recovery has been selected. Choose yes to continue" appears. If I choose yes it goes to repair options, if I choose no my laptop shuts down. I already tried the refreshing and resetting options, but I get no good results. What do I do? Please help me.
Related:

2 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Mar 26, 2015 at 11:52 AM
Hello Joy,

Have you tried clicking "Yes", then "Troubleshoot" > Advanced Options and perform a Refresh? I must warn you that your programs might be deleted.
Can you tell me, please what type of Windows are you using? I think this link:https://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R02.htm might be helpful for you as it gives information regarding different types of Windows operation systems.

Hope this helps,

KY_WD
i'm using windows 8. i already tried the Refresh and the Reset options but I got no good results.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Joy
Apr 13, 2015 at 10:39 AM
Hi again,

Well, we could try something else. If your laptop is out of warranty, you may open it and take out the HDD. After that try to connect it as external via a SATA-USB cable to another PC in order to see if it works there. If it does, then there's a problem with your motherboard.
Besides that, if you can, pull out the RAM and test it for errors, if you have additional laptop.
The last thing that comes up in my mind is to try with a Linux Live CD to see if you get access to your drive. If you do, make a copy of your files and after that you can perform write zeros.

Good luck.

KY_WD
Yes, I already tried the Refresh and the Reset options but I got no good results. I am using Windows 8.