New HDD Setup Question

Closed
IPrint3D Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday 21 April 2015 Status Member Last seen 21 April 2015 - 21 Apr 2015 à 15:44
IPrint3D Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday 21 April 2015 Status Member Last seen 21 April 2015 - 21 Apr 2015 à 15:57
I am in the process of initializing a new Seagate 3TB HDD as a fourth drive. This is a workstation computer with "above average" resources and I want to make sure that I don't do something stupid during this install to either limit the use of the new drive or make the use of the new HDD slower than it should be.

That said, I am using the "Simple Volume Wizard" found in "Computer Management". The last question that the wizard asks is "Enable file folder compression?". Yes/No...any advice?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
21 Apr 2015 à 15:52
I would not use file compression.
IPrint3D Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday 21 April 2015 Status Member Last seen 21 April 2015
21 Apr 2015 à 15:57
Thank you! This was my instinct however I don't know the logic behind my "feeling". If compression is a means of simply getting more out of the drive, I can see the potential problem with compression. I appreciate your reply and advice...Take Care!