Laptop shows blank screen when i turn on

Closed
mona - Apr 30, 2015 at 01:51 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - May 12, 2015 at 04:55 AM
hello..
when i turn on my dell laptop it shows a blank screen and when i hit the f8 button i only get a beep sound.i have tried shutting down and removing the battery but same problem persists..please help!!!
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
May 5, 2015 at 10:42 AM
Hello mona,

This beeping sound that you hear might be due to either failing mother board, RAM or hard drive. Depending of your motherboard manufacturer, you can find what this error means.
Can you hear the drive spinning up? If can't then the hard drive has failed and that's the reason for your system not to start up. You could try pulling out the drive and connecting it to another PC via SATA-USB cable to see if it will work there. If you have an external enclosure, you could try with it.
Another option is to test your RAM for failures.

Hope this helps.

KY_WD
Hi I.kinda have the same issue but different. I disassemble.my computer to.replace the jack. But now all I get is a screen with bright light. I.cant hear the fan in my laptop.and my hard drive does not.boot up.nor.makes that.spinning sound.anymore
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892 > Valentin
May 8, 2015 at 01:23 AM
Hello valentin,
Your issue might be seen like Power supply in laptop.. which in turn is issue with mother board..
Contact the technician to solve this issue..
In mean time you try this..
1) Remove battery and power
2) press power button for 30 sec
3) Replace battery switch on the laptop..
4) Try to replace the RAM also
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Valentin
May 12, 2015 at 04:55 AM
Hi from me Valentin,

You should do what Computertech gave as troubleshooting steps. After doing all this, I would recommend that you take out your hard drive and connect it to another PC like I told mona. If it does spin up while connected via SATA-USB adaptor, then the problem is with your motherboard really.

Good luck.

KY_WD