Kingston flash memory fails to read on PC but reads on satellit

Closed
Y1010 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2015 - May 9, 2015 at 06:16 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 10, 2015 at 11:56 AM
i had a flash memory i used to put it on my satellite receiver and TV to watch movies
it usually works well with pc when i try to copy movies on it
yesterday i tried to copy a movie , but there was a problem in the flash drive, i tried to format it , it failed to format till the end, when i inserted it again, it fails to read, i tried to read it by disk management it loads forever, tried various utilities like kingston formatter and trascend jet flash but they load forever, checkdsk also load forever, my last resort was using minitool partition wizard, it detects that there is a bad drive on the usb but doesn't restore the partition
note :- the usb drive is read by the BIOS
- the device manager detects a kingston data traveler device, but the computer fails to load the drive
-the TV read it and the satellite receiver read the flash drive with no errors

so any help ?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 10, 2015 at 11:56 AM
It appears to be dead.