Laptop turns off instead of stand-by when unplugged

Closed
Romontea - May 13, 2015 at 08:10 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - May 14, 2015 at 09:57 AM
Hello!
Recently whenever is close my laptop it goes off instead of sleeping but only when the charger is not plugged in. I first thought it was out of battery but it was around 80% when i started it back up. My laptop is not the fastest, so having to wait for everything to load again everytime is really annoying :(
Please help! Thank you.

Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
May 13, 2015 at 08:43 AM
Hey there, Romontea.

I'd recommend that you check your power options and the settings about what does the lid of the laptop do when it's closed if the charger is not plugged-in. If you tell me which Windows you are using, I'd be able to give you more specific details on how to do that.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD
Hello!
I have sleep mode enabled for both without a charger and with for closing the lid but it doesn't seem to work. I am using windows 8.1.
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37 > Romontea
May 14, 2015 at 09:57 AM
Hmm that's odd. Do you remember installing/updating anything around the time when this started to occur? I understand that you've set it up to sleep with or without charger, but did you check if you've done that for the correct power plan? Because if you've set it up for the Balanced plan and your computer goes to Power Saver after you unplug the charger - you'd have to set it up there as well. Also if everything is set up properly, I'd recommend that you try the other options e.g. "hibernate" or "do nothing" when you close the lid, in order to see if it still turns off?

Please keep me posted.