Removable devices not recognized and shown in my pc

Closed
ralph7 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2015 - Jun 3, 2015 at 10:40 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jun 8, 2015 at 03:25 AM
i am using windows 8.1 in 64 bit lenovo G500.
my hard disk is not recognising any CD/DVD but when i insert one the front panel LED will blink
and can hear the sound of its rotation then abruptly it stops.
i noticed that there is no removable devices list in my PC...!its not showing up...
Only 3 drives comprising of my 500GB Storage nothing more than that...

I ran a diagonastic tool,some hardware devicse are not recognised may be due to the upper and lower filters.
i tried to remove filters manually..but there is neither upper nor lower filters in the list...

i tried sfcscan through command prompt and find out that some files are corrupt but the cant remove it automatically.
then i have to check sfc details but i cand find the sfcdetails.txt file any where in the system.

kindly give me some suggestions for the same...
Related:

2 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 4, 2015 at 03:21 AM
Hello ralph7,
Tell me that none of your removable devices are recognized by your laptop or only CD-Drive not recognized?

Also one point is that the sfc /scannow command did not produce any txt files as you said..
Run chkdsk in command.
Try to run a virus scan in your pc.
Once again try sfc /scannow command and post back the results.
jollym124 Posts 98 Registration date Wednesday January 21, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2017 28
Jun 8, 2015 at 01:00 AM
Hello Ralph,

Do check your BIOS to see if the optical drive is showing, if the optical driver is showing its most likely a driver problem or software issue. If it does not show up in the bios then please check the connections from the motherboard to the optical drive.
Hope this solves your issue. let me know
Thanks for the reply,
First of all I don't know about optical drive in bios, but I will try to search in net.
I have a laptop,so I don't know how to connect optical drive and mother board physically...

Any way I will try.. Thanks man
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > Rinson
Jun 8, 2015 at 03:25 AM
Hi Ralph,

I would recommend you to open Device Manager and search for your drives. Check in Disk Management too. A good solution may be to download and install the latest SATA and USB drivers. Make sure you have updated your OS. If a clean Windows installation is an option, do it.
If your laptop has some warranty left, do no try to open it and connect/disconnect drives. Contact the reseller. If warranty has expired, you can check the laptop's manual and try to fix some connectivity issue, but I would contact a technician.

Hope this helps