I am connected to wifi, but I cannot open any webpages.

Closed
Katiev2 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2015 - Jun 11, 2015 at 03:01 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 12, 2015 at 03:03 AM
Hello,

I am using an Asus laptop with windows 8.1. I am connected to Internet but I cannot open any web pages. I have tried opening web pages with both chrome and Internet explorer, but neither work. What is weird is that I can search anything in the Google search bar, and it will pull it up; however, when I click on one of the websites it pulls up, the website will not open as it says the "webpage is not available." I have tried opening everything but the only website that opens is Google drive, but maybe that is because I am using chrome. Please write back if you know what is wrong.

Thanks,

Katie

2 responses

Alice_Phoebe Posts 21 Registration date Monday May 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2015 2
Jun 12, 2015 at 02:38 AM
1: Disable the IP Helper service
a. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
b. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
c. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
d. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
e. Click OK to exit the dialog
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 12, 2015 at 03:03 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Hold the "Windows" key and press the "R" key. "Run" dialog will be

opened. Type "cmd" and press Enter. "Command Prompt" will be

opened. Enter the below command.

ping www.google.com --> Press Enter.

Are you able to get the reply messages?

2) Temporary disable your Firewall/Antivirus and check if you are

able to open the websites.

Good Luck

For further info go here,