vcoolio
Registration date
Thursday July 24, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 3, 2020
-
Hi,

We have one sheet were the master data is entered. There are different users who input data on this master sheet. How can this data be copied on separate sheets(user wise) simultaneously. For example, the users are A,B,C. How can the data of A be copied on separate sheet while user A is inputting the master data sheet. Similarly, this has to follow with other users B & C. Do we need to run any kind of a macro to perform this action? Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Sami Khan

3 replies

Registration date
Sunday June 14, 2009
Status
Contributor
Last seen
July 30, 2015
when the user enters data there should be one column where user name must be also entered. in that case you can filter data according to each user and then copy filtered data to sheet named that user. every time you have unfilter and then again filter. you post a sample sheet ( small sample) and then the macro can be written
Registration date
Thursday July 24, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 3, 2020
Hello Sami,

If I have understood your post correctly, then you would like the following to happen:-

- If User "A" is inputting data into the Master sheet, then all the data inputted by User "A" is to be placed into an individual sheet named after this particular User (in this case, A).

- If User "B" is inputting data into the Master sheet, then all the data inputted by User "B" is to be placed into an individual sheet named after this particular User (in this case, B).

..............and so on for all Users.

I'm assuming that you want a whole data set (or block of data) to be transferred to the relevant individual sheet. If so, then the following code may do the task for you:-

Sub TransferUserData()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim lRow As Long
     Dim MySheet As String
lRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

If Range("B1") <> "" Then
    MySheet = Range("B1")
    Range("A3:M" & lRow).Copy
    Sheets(MySheet).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
End If

Sheets("Master").Range("A3:M" & Rows.Count).ClearContents
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.CutCopyMode = False
MsgBox "Data transfer completed!", vbExclamation
Sheets(MySheet).Select

End Sub

The code requires that you place the User's name (the sheet needs to be named exactly the same) into cell B1 on the Master sheet. The "used" data block for each User will be cleared from the Master sheet once transferred.

I have attached my test sample work book for you to peruse here:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m54tr0x22hefi62/Sami%20Khan.xlsm?dl=0

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Registration date
Thursday July 24, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 3, 2020
Hello Venkat,

We must have posted at the same time. My apologies.
I'll leave it to you.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.