When I press a specific key, a different symbol appears

Closed
Charlyn - Jul 8, 2015 at 06:57 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jul 8, 2015 at 07:18 AM
Hello, I don't know how to solve the problem on my laptop. or I don't know if the problem is the keyboard or the laptop itself.
You see the keys "q, w, e, r, t, y" but the "u, i, o, p" won't work. Because if I press the key "u" the number 4 appears, when I press the key "i" number 5 appears, when I press key "o", number 6 appears and when I press the key "p" this "*" symbol appears. The keys "q, w, e, r, t, y, a, s, d, f, g, h, z, x, c, v, b, n" these keys work well but the keys next to them don't work, if you press those letters, numbers and symbols appear instead. I hope you can help me guys. I tried restarting my laptop, ACER Aspire 4750. Thanks in advance.

Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jul 8, 2015 at 07:18 AM
I suggest you to try with external keyboard if it pass the test then your laptop keyboard may be loose contact or faulty one..
contact a technician..