-
Registration date
Thursday August 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
August 6, 2015
-
Hello,
I just installed windows 10 on my computer and noticed it started getting slow so i backed everything up and continued with a restore i had a choice i could have went back to windows 8.1 or stay with windows 10 but i wouldn't be able to go back to windows 8.1 so i chose to restore with windows 10 and delete everything on the computer a fresh start i thought, everything went fine till the last step the blue screen came up and said sorry but cant find a mountable boot drive and reboots, it rebooted about 12 times and now my screen wont turn on or activate nothing like its not even hooked up i have a lenovo ideacenter never i mean never had a problem with this computer , i tried everything resetting the mobo.the cmos nothing works now any help would be apprieciated. thanks you

2 replies

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
You should have burned a bootable Windows DVD then you could have installed from it. It might be you made the wrong choice and tried to install in the restore partition instead of the C drive. Perhaps you can borrow an install DVD from someone or pay a PC repair shop to install Windows.

Good luck
Registration date
Thursday August 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
August 6, 2015

thats what i thought but the screen wont even come on it stays in sleep mode i changed monitors to see if that was the prob. but its not it just wont turn on even with the oem disks the monitor does not activate

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!