Win 10 Start Menu stopped working

Closed
laserteq Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2015 - Aug 7, 2015 at 04:31 PM
 mwh5136 - Oct 21, 2015 at 04:13 PM
Hello,

I've seen this problem with other OS' though I never experience it before. Does anyone know how to fix this on the Win 10 OS. I was in love with this new OS until this happened. I am crippled in the water. In the old systems it was an app playing around with the memory and could be fixed using Task Manager. Some old file names are not there that were used to fix the problem in the old OS'. I don't want to delete a file because it sounds close. I don't know what to do for win 10. Can anyone tell me what is happening and how to fix this asap?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Aug 7, 2015 at 08:34 PM
I found two possible fixes:

Right-click at Start and run Command Prompt as Admin
Type command:
ren %windir%\System32\AppLocker\Plugin*.* *.bak
Restart Windows
Be happy

Another fix for the The Start Menu Does Not Work problem is:

Right-click at Start and click RUN
type SERVICES.MSC and press the enter key
right click on APPLICATION IDENTITY and select START
Be happy... a reboot is not required

use at your own risk
How can I right click on Start when Start isn't working? At all. Right or left.
I have the same issue. I typed in the ren %windir%\System32\AppLocker\Plugin*.* *.bak at the command prompt and got a file not found message.
On the second fix. The start option is greyed out, but the restart is there. Again, nothing happened after I did that.