Clicking data in one sheet..Saving all those clicked in another.

Solved/Closed
sram - Sep 2, 2015 at 09:56 AM
 sram - Sep 8, 2015 at 09:51 AM
Hello,
I'm working on excel which has names(Col A) numbers (Col B). I'm looking to create a sheet, who by clicking on the number, stores the number in another sheet, collect all numbers in a similar way and save/submit.
I could figure out to save entered data to store. But need help to save data which is already there and saves by a click.
Any level of inputs are really appreciated...!!

2 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Sep 3, 2015 at 11:21 AM
Hi Sram,

How about this:
Hold CTRL while clicking on the numbers to save. Once done, right-click to copy and paste them in the desired sheet.

Best regards,
Trowa
Hello,
I click on one.. It goes and saves in new sheet.
I click another.. I want that to be pasted right below in the new sheet.
I'm looking to create an interface. Not just regular data copy paste.
Thanks for your reply, though.
I appreciate any further useful inputs!
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Sep 7, 2015 at 11:17 AM
Hi Sram,

In the code below, the destination sheet is called Sheet2 and the values will be pasted in the A column. Look up Sheet2 and A to change them to suit your needs:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = Target.Value
End Sub

To implement the code: right-click the sheets tab you want this to work for (so not Sheet2) and select view code. Paste the code in the big white field.

Best regards,
Trowa
Thank you @ TrowaaD