Window10 icons on tool bar line at bottom disappeared

Closed
chalee1916 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2015 - Sep 15, 2015 at 02:03 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 15, 2015 at 05:00 PM
When I clicked power icon to system off ii found out one word file had not been saved so I clicked the cancel option then suddenly all the icons on tool bar line at bottom was disappeared and dozens of white blank icon was created instead.
Problem was that I can browse curcer but didn't work anything apart from norton antivirus programme which shows safe green V light

Could anybody put out my misery?

Thanks appreciate your time

Chalee

For additional information.
All icons in task bar was disappeared except window logosobut it doesn't work either. I tried ctl+alt+del?task manager?new task?type services.msc ?enter?application identity?sart
But it was not successful and keep showing me stop/restart options
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 15, 2015 at 05:00 PM
Greetings Chalee,

Hopefully I will be able to put you out of your misery. (so to speak)

Perhaps that Windows 10 during updates created a restore point.

Here is how to get to it:

1.Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

That should take back your system before the problem occured with no data lost.

Good luck