Dns_probe_finished can't browse the internet [Closed]

-
 Blocked Profile -
I have a Dell Inspiron Windows 7 laptop and I can't figure out why I can't browse anywhere, On my google Chrome browser it says "dns_probe_finished_no_internet" and then on my Internet Explorer it says "No Internet connection" When I really am connected to my wifi, I get wifi from my cable company so I get a strong connection. But it's not just my browsers, anything that needs the internet won't work either for example, I can't play the Sims 4, Origin doesn't work and even the Online Windows Helper won't work. I downloaded Mozilla Fox from the disc that came with my computer when I purchased it and I still couldn't browse on that one either, I have malwarebytes downloaded on my laptop and it didnt detect anything dangerous or harmful on my computer. I have tried many of the command prompt commands that I have seen written as a solution here on this website and those didn't work at all, for the time being I have been using my mother's computer and her computer is working perfectly fine and I can't understand why mine can't browse anything. My last solution was a system restore but that one wasn't successful, can somebody pls help me with this, it has been driving me crazy the past few weeks?!??!

2 replies

OK when you pull an IP address what do you get? Have you contacted your ISP for assistance?
Blocked Profile
Ok, now get IPCONFIG /all. Let us know what the DNS IP is, please?
> Blocked Profile
It's 192.168.1.1
Blocked Profile
OK, so the router is your DNS. What is the DNS config from your router? Set your router secondary as 4.2.2.2 for a quick bandaid. Let us know the result of that test.
> Blocked Profile
Tried that before the results were unsuccessful
Blocked Profile
We are at an end, friend. Call your ISP for assistance, as your ISP has it from here!
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
You can also try this:

go to START and Run and type in the following commands:
cmd (enter)

c:\netsh winsock reset (enter)

remember restart your computer

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox