Laptop Says it's charging but it's not..

Closed
Willow - Oct 16, 2015 at 03:44 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Oct 16, 2015 at 05:25 PM
Hello,
So recently I went on my computer to go do something (I didn't really realize that the charging light up thing hasn't been green in a day of charging it) when I unplugged the charger from my laptop the light up thing was STILL on. I tried going on it but my laptop is not coming on. I looked up on the web but all that came up is that the charger wasn't working. Mine is working but my laptop is stuck in charging mode and won't let me on it. Please help.

Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Oct 16, 2015 at 05:25 PM
Hi Willow.

How do you know your charger is working?

Try removing the charger and the battery. Press the "ON" button for 30 seconds. Obviously it wont turn on as it has no power attached. Reinsert the battery. Try switching on again and if needed try the charger again.

If the battery is faulty you may be able to use the machine just on the charger. If you cant use it with the battery in place then try removing the battery and using only the charger.

Please let me know how you get on.