Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop with XP to my Acer Aspire laptop Win7

Closed
cluelessinphx Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2015 - Oct 18, 2015 at 10:18 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Oct 19, 2015 at 04:00 AM
I have an old Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop that my friend wants for his two little ones. It has quite a bit of memory left, but I would like to erase everything I have on it and give it to him.
I turn it on and it does not wirelessly connect to my internet connection. How do I get a connection? Can I connect directly to my modem or computer with cables? I was hoping to find a free download cleaner to use.
If I were able to clean the Dell laptop, would I then be able to install Windows 10? I keep getting a message from Microsoft offering me a free upgrade to windows 10 on my Acer laptop which I have Win7. I do not want to upgrade on the Acer. Do you know if I would be allowed to have the free Windows 10 on my other computer? The Dell has the outdated XP.
Help. I have NO clue what I could or should do. Any advice would be appreciated.
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Oct 19, 2015 at 04:00 AM
What do you mean by erase everything? Did you want to format your Dell Laptop? if so did you have windows cd?
You are not allowed or Eligible for updating or upgrade to windows 10 if you have windows xp it is only available for windows 7 or 8 or 8.1.
Also you need to know that windows 10 is compatible with your PC.

I turn it on and it does not wirelessly connect to my internet connection. How do I get a connection? Can I connect directly to my modem or computer with cables? I was hoping to find a free download cleaner to use.

For wireless connection, you mention for Dell laptop which have windows xp? If so what you mention about cleaner? Please explain.

Regards