Seagate expansion hdd not working

Closed
callmen Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 26, 2015 - Oct 26, 2015 at 10:43 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Feb 10, 2016 at 06:33 AM
I've bought A new Seagate expansion hdd. The first month it worked fine showed blinking light make sound. Now when I insert it, it makes no sound no blinking the light stays on. It doesn't show up in file explorer or device manager. I tried it in other os and computers but it didnt show up
Plz help me

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Oct 26, 2015 at 11:31 AM
Hey there, callmen.

Check if the drive is recognized by Disk Management as well. And if it is, would you please post a screenshot of what you see about the drive and its partitions there? You could also try the drive with a different USB cable (preferably shorter than 12"), to see if the same thing happens. Can you feel the drive spin-up (does it vibrate or make humming sounds, etc)?
If the drive is not recognized in Disk Management and nothing changes when you connect it to different computers/devices with a different USB cable, then I'd recommend that you try to test it with the HDD manufacturer's diagnostics tool, to see if it is able to recognize it and perform the tests.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

I've tried every thing but it didn't show up. It doesn't give any sound but it vibrates.
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37 > Callmen
Feb 10, 2016 at 06:33 AM
Well if you're still unable to see the drive, you could try accessing it via Ubuntu Live USB (this is a freeware, portable, bootable version of Linux), Just to make sure that this OS doesn't recognize it either. If those suspicions are confirmed, then you should probably get in touch with the HDD manufacturer's customer support for further advice, or to try and RMA it if possible.