DVD r dl write protected

Closed
LavaWave - Apr 8, 2009 at 12:29 AM
 anjali - May 25, 2010 at 04:24 AM
Hi is it possible to format or remove the auto-protection from a Dual Layered r dl DVD?

I tried burning a disc on a DVD r dl but it turned out to be damaged on the disc (bad burn probably)
So I need to format it and use it again, Is this possible somehow? I am using imgburn, Recommending any program or a way trough this problem please.

Thanks in advance.

4 responses

That didn't help, Sorry, I tried erase disc and even burn disc trying to overwrite files but to no avail, It's saying disc protection is on, Any ideas how to re-write on a DVD+ R DL disc?
DVD-R
You can burn files to a DVD-R more than once (each time is referred to as a session), but you can't delete files from the disc. Each burn is permanent.
4.7 GB
You must close the session to read this disc in a different computer. Highly compatible with most computers and devices.

DVD+R
You can burn files to a DVD+R more than once (each time is referred to as a session), but you can't delete files from the disc. Each burn is permanent.
4.7 GB
You must close the session to read this disc in a different computer. Compatible with many computers and devices.
pa.id20 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday March 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2009 1
Apr 8, 2009 at 04:13 AM
hi,
you can use the CD Burner XP software.
try this link to download it:
http://ccm.net/telecharger/telecharger 1204 cd burner xp
it's free!
I'l try to see if it works under Vista, Compatability mode doesn't work on all programs tough if any, I'l test it out and see if it works, I'l reply/edit later.