My laptop won't power on

Closed
TechLoverPhy Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2015 - Nov 10, 2015 at 07:17 AM
TechLoverPhy Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2015 - Nov 11, 2015 at 06:04 AM
Hello friends...!! I was watching this movie series in my dell laptop late last night before I fell asleep leaving the movie still playing until the laptop went off when the battery was drained (I assume! since I was asleep). Anyways, I woke up and found the laptop off so i plugged in my power adapter and switched on the laptop.
Well, I could hear the movie starting to play in the background but before I could log in the power in the house went off and so i decided to switch the laptop off and then closed it.
The problem now is that when the power in the house came back (after almost 6 hrs) I plugged in my power adapter and tried to switch on my laptop but it did not power on.
I then checked the output of my power adapter (since I do electronics) and found it to be perfectly fine. What bothers me is that when I plug in the adapter not even a single "indicating LED light" goes on. Its as if no power is going in at all!
I was already in the mid of preparing my field report using this laptop and time is not in my favor.
PLEASE HELP...
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 10, 2015 at 01:00 PM
I suggest you try the hard boot process:

1. remove the battery and power cord
2. press and hold the laptop power button for 60 seconds
3. restore the battery and power cord
4. restart as normal

Good luck
TechLoverPhy Posts 2 Registration date Monday November 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2015
Nov 11, 2015 at 06:04 AM
I tried this technique several times but it did not work. Thanks for trying to help.