Cannot start winxp

Closed
tnktnk - Apr 8, 2009 at 08:27 PM
gepsey Posts 3 Registration date Friday March 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 5, 2009 - Apr 9, 2009 at 03:43 AM
Hello! sorry for my poor description

I have 2 same os (same cd win xp pro sp2) running in my computer, drive c and d.

The problem is os drive c cannot be started with this error message '
windows\system32\config\system being missing or corrupted', able to repair it with winxp cd.

I have no backup file/boot disk saved, here a simple describe bellow
os drive c: cannot start but device driver installed
os drive d: start properly but no device driver installed yet (new install)

But this method didn't work because no repair for c available in setup, only d available, maybe c is too corrupted. Any other method but full format?

Additionally, my os d is working properly but the driver for device like sound and other not yet installed, no sound. So I wonder is it possible to copy paste the driver from c back to d and then reconfiguring the setting so that no need download again. If possible, how?

Please help with step by step detailed instruction about what to do, thank you very much for reading.
Related:

1 response

gepsey Posts 3 Registration date Friday March 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 5, 2009
Apr 9, 2009 at 03:43 AM
hi,
you can copy the drivers only if you have the setup file.
check if one of the hard disk is set to slave, check the jumper settings on the drives.
if bnoth are set to master, then this is the problem, you should set one to slave and one to master.
for the corrupted windows, yuou will have to format it and install a new copy of it if repair does not fix the problem.