SD memory drive shows as multiple drives

Solved/Closed
k.conor - Updated on Dec 20, 2018 at 10:01 AM
 clewis - Mar 6, 2020 at 10:41 AM
Hello,

SD memory card show as being multiple drives location F: G: H: and are not readable

System Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 46.0.2490.86
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Updated on Dec 20, 2018 at 10:02 AM
Hi K.Conor,

Are you using an adapter to read the SD card? Have you been using emulator software on your PC? If you have, I would recommend you to uninstall it and check again. How does the card appear in Disk Management?

Try the SD card on another PC. Update your anti virus software and do a complete scan.

Hope this helps!

SD Memory cards are read through external card reader [I have not had any trouble with this before] SD card displays as drive F: G: H: and I:' Properties of SD Card show capacity Full; all VRT apps used will not access the SD card, Any other PC..displays the same problems..multiple drives...no access...capacity full. Cards were last written on XP OS. am now using OS win.7
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > k.conor
Nov 16, 2015 at 07:54 AM
So, you have checked on another PC, but have you tried without the card reader? Those memory cards are very fragile devices, but the truth is that the issue may be coming from the card reader.
Your suggestion...use another SD card reader...solved the problem. The files are filled with w32.sality...as before; but I do now have access. Thanks.
It was my card reader. Thank you!
clewis > BlitzMason
Mar 6, 2020 at 10:41 AM
Same here, it was my StarTech SD adapter showing a blank NTFS volume! A different adapter resolved the additional volume. Thank you for the help.